Thank you to Sharon Hammer and the Sterling Optimists Club for the generous donation to St. Vincent de Paul.
St. Vincent de Paul is happy to announce that beginning September 24th, the pantry will be open for food distribution on both Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00-2:30 pm.
Use the coupons below on Sept 21 (Sterling location) and Sept 28 (Rock Falls location) to donate 10% of every food purchase to the United Way of Whiteside County. You must present or show the coupon for donation to be valid.
September 21 (Sterling)
September 28 (Rock Falls)
St. Vincent de Paul is pleased to announce that beginning September 9th, we will be open on Wednesdays and Fridays for financial aid from 12-2:30 p.m. Please call 815-625-0311 to request assistance.
St. Vincent de Paul Holds A Virtual “Love Walk” in 2020. Please read more details in the below letter and brochure relating to our 8th Annual Neighbors Helping Neighbors Love Walk.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul officers and members social distancing while having their monthly meeting.
Help Illinois Families Initiative
Governor Pritzker joined the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) today to announce a major expansion in funding for the state’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) programs. The $275 million total funding includes an additional $90 million allocated via the CARES Act, allowing the state to increase eligibility for these programs to 1 million income-qualified Illinoisans. These programs will provide emergency relief for families and displaced households across the state as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, with programs offering assistance with utilities, rent, and other household necessities for income qualifying residents. DCEO joined the Governor in Belleville and West Frankfurt communities to make the announcement. Read more
- Helps eligible low-income households pay for home energy services, including assistance with heating, gas, and electricity.
- More information on services available in your region can be found by visiting your Local Administering Agency (LAA) page.
- Deadline: FY20 LIHEAP services is June 30, 2020, however FY21 LIHEAP enrollment opens up earlier than usual on July 27, 2020.
- Offers an array of essential services, including rent assistance, food, temporary shelter, medicine and more.
- Check your local Community Action Agency (CAA) for a list of available services near you.
- Deadline: Open all year with expanded income eligibility guidelines as of February 2020.
Mike Sprague from State Farm presents a donation to Mike Knolhoff, treasurer of SVdP pantry, on June 5th. Thank you for your generosity.