Governor Pritzker joined the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) today to announce a major expansion in funding for the state’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) programs. The $275 million total funding includes an additional $90 million allocated via the CARES Act, allowing the state to increase eligibility for these programs to 1 million income-qualified Illinoisans. These programs will provide emergency relief for families and displaced households across the state as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, with programs offering assistance with utilities, rent, and other household necessities for income qualifying residents. DCEO joined the Governor in Belleville and West Frankfurt communities to make the announcement. Read more
Helps eligible low-income households pay for home energy services, including assistance with heating, gas, and electricity.
More information on services available in your region can be found by visiting your Local Administering Agency (LAA) page.
Deadline: FY20 LIHEAP services is June 30, 2020, however FY21 LIHEAP enrollment opens up earlier than usual on July 27, 2020.
Offers an array of essential services, including rent assistance, food, temporary shelter, medicine and more.
Check your local Community Action Agency (CAA) for a list of available services near you.
Deadline: Open all year with expanded income eligibility guidelines as of February 2020.
Help Illinois Families expands on the existing Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Community Services Blog Program (CSBG). If you meet the income requirements and submit your application, you may be eligible for emergency assistance to cover the costs of utility bills, rent, temporary shelter, food, and other household necessities.
Sauk Valley Foodbank is giving away food form 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at 8801 Plant Drive.
The food bank office is closed, but staff continues to serve the needy.
“Last week we delivered to low-income and elderly facilities, and made sure at least 600 people had food on their tables,” Executive Director Andrea Hensgen said in a news release. The food bank also served 852 people at a giveaway Saturday, she said.
“Our building itself is closed to the public, meaning no restrooms are available. So along those lines, we also ask that no one arrive early; everyone in line by 12 p.m. will be served.”
Due to Governor Pritzker’s “Shelter in Place” issued on March 20th, our pantry will continue to be closed until April 8th. We apologize for the inconvenience and pray that our closure does not have to be extended at a later date.