Society of St. Vincent de Paul officers and members social distancing while having their monthly meeting.
Help Illinois Families Initiative
Governor Pritzker joined the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) today to announce a major expansion in funding for the state’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) programs. The $275 million total funding includes an additional $90 million allocated via the CARES Act, allowing the state to increase eligibility for these programs to 1 million income-qualified Illinoisans. These programs will provide emergency relief for families and displaced households across the state as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, with programs offering assistance with utilities, rent, and other household necessities for income qualifying residents. DCEO joined the Governor in Belleville and West Frankfurt communities to make the announcement. Read more
- Helps eligible low-income households pay for home energy services, including assistance with heating, gas, and electricity.
- More information on services available in your region can be found by visiting your Local Administering Agency (LAA) page.
- Deadline: FY20 LIHEAP services is June 30, 2020, however FY21 LIHEAP enrollment opens up earlier than usual on July 27, 2020.
- Offers an array of essential services, including rent assistance, food, temporary shelter, medicine and more.
- Check your local Community Action Agency (CAA) for a list of available services near you.
- Deadline: Open all year with expanded income eligibility guidelines as of February 2020.
Mike Sprague from State Farm presents a donation to Mike Knolhoff, treasurer of SVdP pantry, on June 5th. Thank you for your generosity.
Open for food distribution on Tuesdays between 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Call 815-625-0311 on Fridays from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. for financial assistance.
Mike Knolhoff, treasurer of SVdP pantry, accepts a $1000.00 donation from Sauk Valley Bank, represented by Chris Mitchell. We are blessed by the generosity of Sauk Valley Bank. Thank you!
This new program will provide financial assistance for two months of rent or mortgage (including escrow) for those that have been affected by the Covid-10 pandemic.
– Must be within the CSBG 125% Income Guidelines (visit our website for guidelines).
– Must have documentation showing you have been off work/loss of hours by your employer due to a closure of a business or proof from a doctor that you are being quarantined due to the virus.
Since all TCOC offices are closed to the public, in order to follow the social distancing order, please contact an Outreach Worker by email if you live in the following counties:
Carroll County (Julie): firstname.lastname@example.org
Marshall County (Crystal): email@example.com
Ogle County (Renee): firstname.lastname@example.org
Putnam County (Kay): email@example.com
Stark County (Crystal): firstname.lastname@example.org
In light of the recent confirmed case of Coronavirus, we are implementing the following policy. Clients seeking food will be asked to remain in their vehicles and the food will be brought out to them. Clients seeking financial aid are asked to call us at 815-625-0311 rather than stop at the pantry.
This policy will be in effect until the concerns about the Coronavirus have passed. We hope you understand that this is being done in the interest of our clients’ and volunteers’ health and well-being. Our wish is to continue to be here to serve your needs at this difficult time.
This policy will be in effect until at least March 31, 2020 and will then be re-evaluated as to whether it should be continued. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
St. Vincent de Paul
The pantry is closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day. Regular hours begin on Tuesday, May 26. Please keep all our military past and present in your daily prayers.